- Clockwise is an intensive, multi-level course in general English for adults who want to build competence in English quickly and effectively, for social interaction and travel / functional purposes.
The syllabus reflects the priorities of the short course learner. The emphasis is on developing fluency and building confidence in speaking and understanding. It refreshes key grammar areas and extends and builds a wider usable vocabulary.
The style is pacey and energetic. Listening and reading texts are short and productive. Activity types include controlled oral practice, speed-learning techniques, memory skills, and timed activities. Performance tips and checklists provide a personal incentive to improve.
Each lesson has clear objectives, motivating students and giving them the feeling of measurable, focused progress.
There is an emphasis on 'real English', ensuring that what students learn is directly relevant to what they will hear on the streets. Regular sections give practice in funtional / situational language, the features of spoken English, conversational tactics and idiomatic vocabulary.
Language is generated through a wide variety of interesting topics with a strong international flavour
View The Same Category (New Post)
- Words Into Type 3rd Edition
- The Teachers Magazine No 118 October 2009
- The Magic of a Million Activity Book
- Spotlight on Writing A Teachers Toolkit of Instant Writing Activities by Glynis Hannell
- Spotlight on Vocabulary Multiple Meaning Words Grades 4-8
- Spotlight on Spelling A Teachers Toolkit of Instant Spelling Activities by Glynis Hannell
- Spotlight on Reading and Listening Comprehension 2 Figurative Language - Grades 6 and up
- Sky Starter Test Book
- Practical English Language Teaching - PELT Young Learners
- Performing Without a Stage The Art of Literary Translation
View The Same Category (Most Viewed)
- New Fowler Proficiency Writing Skills 1
- American English File 2 Student Book - 2nd Edition
- Smart Choice 2 Full (WorkBook+Student Book+CDRom)
- English in 20 Minutes a Day Full (Books+Audio)
- New Concept English - Book 2 - Practice and Progress (Ebook+Audio)
- Click on 3 Test Booklet (Book+Audio)
- New Concept English - Book 1 - First Things First (Ebook+Audio)
- Smart Choice 3 Full (WorkBook+Student Book+CDRom)
- First Steps in Academic Writing - Ann Hogue (The Longman Academic Writing Series, Level 2)
- Contemporary Topics 1 - Second Edition (Audio)